KeyMagic Installation On Ubuntu (iBus)
1. Download the KeyMagic deb package for iBus from download page.
2. Open the downloaded folder and double click the ibus-keymagic_18.104.22.16810528-1_i386.deb. (ibus-keymagic_22.214.171.12410528-1_i386.deb could be different file name) 3. Ubuntu Software Center will be opened as shown below. 4. Click Install (If the system request to enter your user password fill out for the permissions) 5. Go the the setting page System > Preferences > Input Method Switcher. Then choose iBus as shown in below.
6. Download one of the keyboard layout you like to use from following links:
7. In terminal, type following commands (Assuming that you downloaded Zawgyi L - Unicode.km2)
mkdir -p ~/.keymagic cp "~/Downloads/Zawgyi L - Unicode.km2" "~/.keymagic/Zawgyi L - Unicode.km2"
8. Restart iBus by clicking iBus tray icon -> Restart. (See below) 9. And left-click again on iBus tray icon. This will open iBus preferences.
10. Choose Input method > English > Zawgyi L - Unicode (KeyMagic). 11. The installation is done. You now should able to start using KeyMagic. To test if it's working open gedit and switch keyboard layout by pressing CTRL+SPACE